The Squirrel Buster Plus Review will help you understand how this excellently designed bird feeder will completely keep the squirrels out and save you a ton of money and frustration!
When we set out to feed wild birds, we aim to attract the beautiful avian friends we want to see like Northern Cardinals, the type of Chickadees that live in our area, and many of the other common backyard songbirds that are so popular to see.
Learn how it works in this Squirrel Buster Plus Review.
Sometimes that simple idea and desire, to happily feed wild birds, turns into a tough challenge, because our feeders also draw larger birds that we don't want, and squirrels which create a headache to get rid of.
We spend a lot of money on seed, or on a new feeder because squirrels can cause tons of damage to a feeder trying to get at the seed.
Sometimes just a little seed left in a corner of a feeder, will provoke a squirrel to completely destroy a feeder in the attempt to get that small bit of food.
Or even a small flock of Blackbirds or Starlings can empty a feeder quickly.
Therefore we spend far too much money than necessary, keeping the feeders full, and replacing them.
We toss the old feeder in the garbage filling up our landfill site and metal feeders or plastic ones, which will take lifetimes to break down, mean time polluting our world.
Does that sound familiar?
The shroud, or cover is pulled down over the seed ports (the holes that allow the birds to access the seed), making them inaccessible to squirrels or larger birds.
The Cardinal ring is attached to the shroud, so when the squirrel grabs hold of it, the animals weight pulls the shroud down to cover the seed ports.
The shroud has holes which line-up perfectly with the seed holes, to allow the birds you want to see, the ability to dine at the feeder in a comfortable manner, and not be pushed off by squirrels or larger birds.
The manufacturer suggests that you leave the adjustable weight mechanism as is, which is set to the factory setting, until you have tried it out for a while.
This way you will be able to determine whether it will need to be modified for your situation.
If it does need to be made more sensitive to heavier birds, then the transparent cartridge will need to be turned clockwise.
The red line indicator will lower down, increasing the weight required to move the shroud down and close off the seed ports.
To stop lighter weight birds from feeding, turn the cartridge counter clockwise, and the red line will go up, allowing less heavy birds to be blocked from dining.
This is very useful when Starlings decide to visit!
The photos above are courtesy of Timothy Miller who sent them in after winning this feeder as the 2nd prize winner of the 2019 photo contest!
1. First consideration is to place the feeder where you will be able to enjoy watching all the activity.
For instance, the feeder can be hung from the eaves of the house using a hook, in front of a window where you often sit inside, or patio doors by the dining table. In your garden using a hook from a tree branch, on a deck, or a fence. Use brackets, to hang the feeder from the side of your house, or from a bird feeder hook inserted in the ground.
2. Second, remember that because the “door closer” or shroud is weight triggered, if the Squirrel Buster Plus is too close to a brick wall for instance, then the squirrels will be able to suspend themselves between the wall and the feeder without putting weight on the ring, which closes off access to the food.
This will totally negate the usefulness of the feeder.
3. Thirdly, use the accessories below to mount the feeder on a pole anywhere in the yard where you choose.
1. The entire feeder has been designed with cleaning in mind. There are no tools needed to take the feeder apart for cleaning or to put it back together.
2. Simply separate the feeder parts from one another, immerse them in water with a small amount of dish soap, vinegar or a couple of drops of bleach.
3. Use a long brush for washing the tube.
4. Rinse all parts very well to remove the soap and disinfectant.
5. Allow all the feeder pieces to dry thoroughly, before reassembling.
6. Fill with fresh seed and rehang for your feathered friends to enjoy peaceful dining!
Home> Choose a Variety of Wild Bird Feeders> Squirrel Buster Plus Review