Heated Birdbath Review
~ #1 for Many Reasons ~
A Popular Heated Birdbath Review
This is a best selling and favourite heated bird bath. (And my favourite! ;) )
- This bird bath is shallow,
which makes it feel safer for small birds. A flat rock placed in the middle, is still recommend though,
to allow birds to stand outside the water safely, without fear of
- This bird bath is versatile in having 3
ways that it can be set up. It can be attached to the railing of your
deck, or pole mounted in your yard or with the legs that are provided,
it can sit on the ground or a table.
- I have always found that birds will choose a darker colour bird bath
over a white one. I'm not saying a white bird bath
will not be used by birds. But it has been my observation that they
prefer darker bird baths. I do not have research to back this up either,
it is just my experience. This particular heated bird bath comes in a
green colour option too. Green and terra cotta coloured water is
something birds will find in nature and are accustomed to. Of course the
water is getting it's colour from merely reflecting the bottom of the
stream. But that is what we see.
- It is reasonably priced too! Compared to some other heated bird baths, this one is affordable.
- It is well made because Farm Innovators make many items farmers need. If they are producing items for such an important industry, then they care about their product. (They sell heated, chicken fountains, dog bowls, water bottles, pond de-icers and so much more.)
Green 3-In-1 Heated Birdbath
What are the Drawbacks to This Bird Bath?
1. Yes, it does not hold as much water as some other heated bird baths. It will require filling more often. So you will want to consider where you place it if you are trudging through snow to fill it up.
But the flip side to this is, filling it more often means fresher and cleaner water for the wild birds. Our bath gets lots of use all day, making it necessary for it to be dumped and refilled with fresh water daily.
Also as I mentioned earlier, small birds would rather not have to deal with a lot of deep water in a bird bath.
2. The cord is very short. You will need a three pronged extension cord suitable for outside. (Note: If the company made the cord longer then the price would be considerably more for everyone, whether you needed the longer cord or not.)
Pedestal Style Version
This birdbath also comes as a pedestal style that can stand on it's own if you prefer.
See other good heated bird baths.
Bonus 7 Part Series
When You sign up for our
How Do Birds Benefit from a Heated Bird Bath in Winter?
This Heated Birdbath Review Will Show You!
- Eating snow lowers body heat, which creates...
- a need for more energy to stay warm, which results...
- in a need to find more food.
- Bathing helps birds keep their feathers in top condition for flying.
- Being able to use a bird bath in winter gives the birds an opportunity to get rid of parasites. Discover other ways birds get rid of parasites.
3-In-1 Heated Birdbath
I love mine!
Watch the videos!
Looks peaceful & quiet, but not for long.
Splashing & Enjoying at -5C/23F!
Little birds love it because it is shallow.
Even at -5F having a bath is good. :D
Just before dawn & still only takes an hour to un-thaw. ;)
An unusual lull in activity.
Owning the birdbath as only Mourning Doves can do!
More Info On Types of Bird Bathing Habits Below & In the Right Column
- Dust Baths, sun bathing and "anting" may seem like odd practices to humans, but we actually practice activities for the very same purposes.
- Cleaning Bird Baths on a regular schedule is very necessary for wild bird health and enjoyment.
- Heated Bird Baths are a wonderful way to provide water for wild birds in winter in areas where the temperatures reach the freezing mark.
Home> Bird Baths>
- Bird Bathing Info A bath for birds also provides a basic need for the wild birds too and that is water to drink to sustain their lives.
Heated Birdbath Review