Window bird feeders are a wonderful venue to observe wild bird behaviour.
There probably isn’t a better means to view our feathered friends up close.
It is an excellent method to take photographs, other than going to the trouble of setting up a camera near a feeder.
have found that putting mini-blinds down, with slats open horizontally,
allow people to observe little feathered friends at a window feeder
without them seeing you. The mini-blinds provide enough of a barrier
that the bird watchers inside are not easily seen.
Window Bird Feeders For Close-up Viewing
Sign Up For Wild Bird Scoop News & Receive The 7 Must Do's To Help Backyard Birds Each Month PLUS
Get The Bonus 7 Part Series
2. List of Styles and Best Bird Food Choice
Because many different styles of feeders can be mounted on a window for attracting birds up close, the type of bird food will vary with each style of window bird feeders used.
Hummingbird feeders: saucer and tube styles that attach to the glass with suction cups can be purchased.
Seed feeders: that offer food in a
variety of methods that stick to windows with suction cups. This type
of window feeder is often clear acrylic which offers even better
Suet feeders: with suction cups are also available.
Windowsill tray feeders: can also be purchased or made.
3. Positive Features of Window Bird Feeders
1. With certain window styles window bird feeders can be filled from indoors, if one side of the window can slide open behind the other.
2. Window feeders provide an incredible bird watching opportunity.
3. Will help to prevent window strikes as birds are focusing on the bird food and not the reflection in the window.
4. Window feeders provide a little protection from predators which are too wary to venture so close to a human’s home.