For A Close-Up Look!
Window bird feeders are a wonderful venue to observe wild bird behaviour.
There probably isn’t a better means to view our feathered friends up close.
It is an excellent method to take photographs, other than going to the trouble of setting up a camera near a feeder.
have found that putting mini-blinds down, with slats open horizontally,
allow people to observe little feathered friends at a window feeder
without them seeing you. The mini-blinds provide enough of a barrier
that the bird watchers inside are not easily seen.
|Window Bird Feeders For Close-up Viewing
Bonus 7 Part Series
Hummingbirds "The Jewelled Warriors"
When You sign up for our
2. List of Styles and Best Bird Food Choice
Because many different styles of feeders can be mounted on a window for attracting birds up close, the type of bird food will vary with each style of window bird feeders used.
- Hummingbird feeders: saucer and tube styles that attach to the glass with suction cups can be purchased.
- Seed feeders: that offer food in a
variety of methods that stick to windows with suction cups. This type
of window feeder is often clear acrylic which offers even better
- Suet feeders: with suction cups are also available.
- Windowsill tray feeders: can also be purchased or made.
3. Positive Features of Window Bird Feeders
1. With certain window styles window bird feeders can be filled from indoors, if one side of the window can slide open behind the other.
2. Window feeders provide an incredible bird watching opportunity.
3. Will help to prevent window strikes as birds are focusing on the bird food and not the reflection in the window.
4. Window feeders provide a little protection from predators which are too wary to venture so close to a human’s home.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Top Choice Window Bird Feeders
4. Problem Features
1. Window bird feeders can cause a mess close to the home which in turn can attract rodents.
A complaint about this type of feeder is the usual bird feeding problem
of accessibility for squirrels. The solution is to use safflower seed, hummingbird window feeders, and plain suet.
5. User Opinions
Bird Watchers love window bird feeders. An intimate viewing of our
feathered beauties with such a close up location is possible and
There is also such a variety of bird food that can be used; seed, syrup, fruit and suet.
6. List of Birds Attracted to Window Bird Feeders
Rose Breasted Grosbeak
Waiting for some types of wild birds to visit a window feeder will require a good deal of patience while they feel comfortable and that it is safe enough to feed at it.
But what joy when they do!
Discover Different Types of Bird Feeders
- Tube Feeders - This type of feeder can be used to attract smaller specific types of birds. They also serve as a deterrent for birds which are considered pests.
- Thistle Feeders and nyjer seed are just what the “bird” doctor ordered if you want to attract Goldfinches to your yard.
- Window Feeders are an exciting way to draw backyard birds up close for a good look at their beauty and behaviour.
All About Bird Feeders
- Where To Place Bird
Feeders? It will take some experimenting on your part to find
the best location for your feeder in your own backyard. Here are some
To Take Down? Many people are concerned if they leave their
feeders up in the autumn that wild birds will not migrate. Find out the
- Solve Bird
Feeding Problems Discover safe solutions to 19 backyard bird
feeding problems that can arise from time to time. Don't put up with
annoyances when there are fixes.
- Bird Feeder
Plans Enjoy homemade bird feeder plans that other site
visitors have shared. And please feel invited to share your plans with
everyone with photos too if you have them.
Home> Variety of Wild Bird Feeders>
- Bird Feeders
FAQ Check out what other bird watchers are curious about and
discover the answers to questions that are often very common among
backyard birders. Throw your helpful ideas in too.
Window Bird Feeders